Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2 Cambodian poems


I wrote these poems about Cambodia, while in Cambodia.  They would be more amusing if you were there, but I think that you will still enjoy them.  I had an incredible time in Cambodia, thank you for your prayers.  The first few days were rough and I wasn't sure that I would ever enjoy myself, but I loved it!  It was challenging and stretching, but God is good and He taught me so much.  I will have more blogs posted soon.  Here are 3 links to 3 facebook photo albums from Cambodia:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003457&l=e04d5&id=1170930026

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003451&l=791b8&id=1170930026

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003451&l=791b8&id=1170930026


All This and More in Cambodia

by: Jewel Reed
I don’t understand how Vandy is a man.
Or how 23 people could fit in one van.
Why did our Kratie hotel toilet throw poop
and why did the American people say they were a Singapore group?
Why is there mold on Melanie’s toothbrush
and why does our toilet never flush?
Why do Karen and Jewel laugh at everything?
Seriously, do we really have to sing?
You have never lived until you have seen Arun make pb and jelly.
You have never lived until youhave been to the market so smelly.
I cannot believe that I ate a whole frog,
or that Tiffany almost hit a van in a huge traffic clog.
Does Whitney’s dad really work for a print shop?
Shouldn’t all moto drivers know the word ’stop?’
Have you ever heard "Everything but the kitchen sink?"
Did you know that Titos likes pink?
Have you ever sang a song with Song?
Have you ever been stuck in mud for two hours long?
Why does Som On laugh like a goat
and why did we go on a dolphin cruise in a janky little boat?
Can you believe that Juns in the mafia with Whitney’s dad
and why does Pholla speak English so bad?
I am so glad no one saw me slip on the stair,
but I am more glad that everyone saw Melanie break a chair.
Why does Noel not like children and games?
How do you pronounce all these Khmer names?
Did you see all the Post-Its on Beth’s face?
Maybe we should try to sing Amazing Grace.
Well, Kristens a doctor, won’t she know what to do?
There’s a really big bug, do you have a big shoe?
Why did Pastor Jun give his daughter a bird black and blue?
It died in our van and I think we all might have bird flu.
She had it on a string, swung it around her head.
No one is surprised that Jairah’s diseased bird is dead.
Did you hear that Tim wore a little grass skirt?
Did I tell you that our bus driver is a little flirt?
Have you seen Vandy sit in the fridge at night?
Have you seen Chamnol dance on the bed? It’s quite a sight.
Last night there was a gecko on Karen and EVERYONE heard Jewel scream.
For breakfast every morn, the Khmer have rice and the team - iced coffee with cream.

Oh Cambodia, Cambodia
by: Jewel Reed
Oh Cambodia, Cambodia, how lovely is your culture.
The motos fast, the cows are slow;
and in the streets, trash seems to grow.
Cambodia, Cambodia, how lovely is your culture.
Oh Cambodia, Cambodia, how lovely are your people.
The roads are mud, the Khmer brown;
When couples kiss, the people frown.
Cambodia, Cambodia, how lovely are your people.
Oh Cambodia, Cambodia, how many are your germs.
The fish uncooked, baby butts in the sink.
No TP in the stalls, Titos likes pink.
Cambodia, Cambodia, how lovely are your germs.

No comments: