Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Thursday, May 10, 2012

So Smart

Last Saturday, my sister graduated from Roberts Wesleyan College with a Master's degree in Child and Family Social Work and with honors.


In her graduating class of around 30, she was only one of four that graduated with honors, and only one other graduate wore her chords and medallion to graduation. She did an excelled program and got her MSW in 10 months. Ten months! With honors! I don't know how she did it. She is dedicated. She has passion. Her brain is big.

So proud of her.

She is going to change the world. (At least the parts her hands and heart touch.) In some parts, I know she already has.

She inspires me.

We brought her home from New York on Sunday and she received a phone call Monday afternoon that her employer can no longer hire her [for her dream job] due to finances (AND ALL THE CURRENT EMPLOYEES QUITTING AND SUING THE COMPANY.)

Stress.
Frustration.
Sadness.
Job-hunting.

She is incredibly good at what she does. Incredibly good. I am sure that she will be a priority candidate in her job search and that her employer will be very blessed to have her. I am just praying that it is close in proximity to ME. :)


It's been so good to have her home this week and back into my life. She hasn't been around much since Titus and I got married in October, so it will be interesting to see how I balance the roles of sister and wife, as well as work and friends.

So blessed.

Love, Love, Love,
Jewel

No comments: