Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, March 31, 2007

You give and take away.. but blessed by Your name

Yesterday was my grandmother's 78th birthday. Her body is weak, but she is still so strong. My grandmother means the world to me. She has been there for me through everything. As I reflect upon her life and celebrate her living I cannot help but praise the Lord for what she means to me. Grandmom is a tremendous blessing upon my life! She has been my greatest encouragement in following the Lord's call upon my life to serve Him as a career missionary. She has taught me how to pray and have faith in the Lord's guidance and direction. She is an example in everything she does. Through the struggles of loss and of illness, Grandma continues to serve the Lord with a heart so dedicated and strong; she depends upon Him for her very existence.

Tomorrow would be Ryan's 16th birthday; unfortunately we lost him on October 31st of 2006. Ryan was a close friend that could never be replaced, and although he is departed his memories will never be misplaced. The days and weeks after Ryan's death were some of the hardest I have ever experienced, but God provided love and comfort through others such as: my Grandmother. Ryan meant a lot to me, but I know he meant even more to God.

Although my loved ones may come and go, the Lord will always be beside me and for that I praise His name.

(posted March 14, 2007)

No comments: