Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, June 04, 2007

The realization of an opportunity lost

I have finally graduated from high school. On May 26th I accomplished a nearly a thirteen-year goal; of course there were additional academic and various goals in the previous years. I am proud of my accomplishments; proud of my legacy; and proud of what I became, especially in the past four years. Naturally there are things I wish I had done differently.

One particular acquaintance comes to mind; in all probability, one I may never see again. We have had just one clas
s together, and I recall only two or three collective conversations. Sure “Mach” believes in God, but he wants nothing to do with Him. I remember one occasion late this year “Mach” and another underclassman, “Jake”, were debating the true purpose of life. I was so proud of “Jake” in his attempts to convince “Mach”, his superior, that he was doing it all wrong. “Mach” claimed to want nothing more from life than to have fun (women, money, speed, sex, and hangovers). “If I end up in Hell, well... at least I had a good time here; and I know all my sinning friends will be there with me.” I knew if I joined in the discussion “Mach” would have not only NOT listened to me, but perhaps stopped listening to “Jake”. Here I sit with the realization that I may never have another opportunity to witness to “Mach” and to numerous others I know are rootless and moving in the wrong direction. I feel I have lost my chances with those I have “left behind”, but I pray God will send one who will take advantage of the opening that I missed.

1 comment:

Hummel Family said...

Wow! You grew up on me! I had no idea that you even remembered me.

I love your blog...Your witness for Christ is like a breath of fresh air.

I really appreciate you for praying for our family. I believe its prayer that saved both Jakobi and Maylee!

and yes, I will add you to the list for our soon-to-be Private blog.

Good luck to you as you now move on into a new chapter in life...how exciting!