Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What is my focus?


God made me for a purpose - to have a relationship with Christ. It is the same purpose for which He has made each of us. Yet, He has also called each one of us. My purpose and my calling are different. I truely believe my calling is to lead others into fulfilling their purpose, by guiding them into a strong and faithful relationship with Christ. Others, the poverty stricken and destitute, into a relationship with hope and purpose.
Right now I am struggling with the idea of running track in college. I had a meeting early this morning with my high school track coach and the IWU track coach to discuss purpose and expectations and what-not. I have already had the priviledge of practicing alongside many IWU track athletes, so I have a good taste of what it may be like. It will be alot of work, alot, but he made it sound good, so good; though I am not yet convinced to participate or not participate.
I do not want this to just be something else I do. It is a huge commitment! We're talking daily practices September through May. Whoa, intense!! It would be a good thing to do. Many days I would enjoy it, many I would hate it. Despite coach's efforts to persuade me into believe this is one of my gifts, I am not yet "brainwashed". I have spiritual gifts and I have talents. I, maybe more than others, feel a strong conviction to use every part of who I am, even those worldly talents, in worship and admiration of God. If I were gifted artistically, my pieces would be used to glorify God, by possibly attaching scripture and theology into each work.
I must decide if I can choose to truly honor God in my running and throwing. Would my team, practices and meets be suitable as encouragers or as discouragers to run the true and final race?
Pray that purpose and my calling are the central focus in my every decision making in the next four years and in the entirety of my life.

No comments: