Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Holy Stomachache.

I have lost my special Bible. Sure, I have other Bibles; but this is the Bible. The Bible I have poured my heart into during the previous 3 or 4 years. The Bible I have shed so many tears over. The Bible that has given me strength and joy and peace when no one and nothing else could. The Bible that has proven to be truthful and promising. I have waited over a month for it to simply reappear from it’s vanish point, but it hasn’t. Maybe you would say I have placed all my eggs in one basket. I don’t care, I really really want my Bible, my special Bible. I know, they all speak the same message, but this one has really spoken to me on many occasions. I need that Bible, if for nothing else but security and attachment.

3 comments:

Deven said...

I know exactly what you mean. Every once in a while I have to switch to a new Bible because my old one falls to pieces. I HATE doing it, though, because all of the time that I spent with the old one, the things I wrote in it or highlighted... I feel your pain!

Allie said...

I'm sorry. I'd be sad if I lost the bible I used the most.

Jewel said...

1 year later I have my Bible back! =) Of course it has been replaced, but it is still special. I left it at a local church during community revival.