Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Man does not live on bread alone..."

It's been weeks since I have blogged. So much has happened - not so much that I have been too busy to blog, but I simply haven't made it a priority. So, in the newest news:


I had such such such an incredible time of Bible study and meditation yesterday during my lunch hour. Last week, one of my professors (Dr. Keith Drury) told our class that he almost failed out of college because he spent more time studying the Bible than he did reading his textbooks, in fact, he had to repeat two classes.
I was so inspired by this and I been digging deep into God's Word and covering the margins of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in notes. I believe that God is laying it on my heart to start a women's Bible study group during the lunch and dinner hours. Seriously, God? I am a Senior, almost halfway through my last semester. I'm nervous, but I trust that God is going to show up in incredible ways, even if there are only two or three or four of us!
So far, I have sent invitations to 106 girls and 12 have responded with interest. In fact, one said: "I'm kind of in awe right now. I have been praying to find a Bible Study for a while..." Woo hoo God!!! It's not realistic to expect that everyone will be available in the same hour, so I am looking at two or three meal times each week. This weekend, I am going to try to make dozens of homemade invitations, and ask all those who are interested to invite 2 or 3 or 4 more friends.

Jesus answered, "It is written:
'Man does not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Matthew 4:4

No comments: