Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

He's alive!!


I have a good friend named Alex who is a Mexican immigrant.  We met at church last July and we have been good friends since, even during the short period that he lived almost 2 hours away from Marion.  If you have been a frequent customer of Los Nopales, or La Charreada (Elwood & Marion) you have likely seen him there.  Anyways, obviously we were not in contact while I was away in Cambodia; and when I returned three weeks ago, I could NOT get ahold of him!  Two numbers I had for him were both disconnected; the third was a work number, and his restaurant could only tell me that he left.  I was pretty distraught.  I didn't think he was planning to return to MX so soon, but I was afraid he had.  Well he finally called me on the 4th and I am so happy that my friend Alex is still alive, and still lives in Marion!!!



Alex on Christmas day at my house.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Hmmmmm, I don't think I've seen him at LaChar.