Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beautiful Reminders on a Beautiful Day

Saturday morning I intentionally arrived early for a lunch date with a dear friend. I parked my car at the quaint tea room where we would be meeting, and I walked across the street to a small park and sat myself on a swing. I basked in the glory that was God revealing Himself in His Creation - the heavens and earth, the skies, and trees, and breeze. It was a beautiful day. It was SUCH a beautiful day!  I swung. I sang. I smiled. I took these pictures (from the swing) and found myself so so so grateful for so many things!

Marion General Hospital through the clearing of the trees
I am grateful for access to healthcare - something that is not available so many places outside of the United States.  It is not only easily accessible, but it is GOOD!  Also, I have wonderful medical insurance, making healthcare it more affordable.

The Mississinewa River
I am grateful for clean water.  I don't have to travel to where there is clean water.  I do not have to boil my water. I turn on my faucet, and there is clean water (hot or cold!) 


God's omnipresence. He is always with me.  Always. Always. Always. I am grateful for the peace, security, and that comes when I recognize that He is present with me through my sorrows and my gladness.

Psalm 19:1-6 - "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat."



As Spring approaches, the grass turns to green, flowers bud, and birds sing outside my window, I am reminded of God's promise, “Behold, I make all things new.” [Revelation 21:5]

Spring is coming, it always does.

I can see and feel the evidence of Spring approaching, and I am reminded that we have hope. For although the leaves wither and fall, we can have confidence that after Autumn and Winter pass, Spring will come, and with it, new life. God is faithful; He has always been and He always will be. Spring has never failed us; the leaves always return to life -- beautiful life.


Psalm 8:3,4 -  "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them."


This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought
.


Love love love, 
Jewel

1 comment:

David C Brown said...

For every creature of God is good ... being received with thanksgiving", 1 Timothy 4: 4.