Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Staycation 2


Last Thursday, I took my second saved vacation day and my sweet husband and I took another one-day "staycation" to enjoy the blessing of a few extra hours together during the work week.

We slept until the wonderful hour of 9:00, grabbed our bathing suits, towels, and sunglasses; stopped for gas, coffee, and donuts; and headed west to Kokomo Beach.





Kokomo Beach might be one of NE Central Indiana's best-kept secrets. For only $5/each, we enjoyed hours of relaxing "togetherness" on the lazy river, in the leisure pool, and twice down the slides (then the lines became too cRaZY.)  We had lunch at a picnic table in the shade, and a few hours later, found ourselves at Markland Mall.

At Target, I found the perfect short sleeve, yellow, cardigan sweater to wear with a dress [that I can't wear without the perfect short sleeve, yellow, cardigan sweater (or some other form of covering up my shoulders!)] My husband found 2 pairs of good-looking cargo shorts on clearance for only $5/each. (I even convinced him to buy a pair that isn't plaid. Plaid doesn't go with everything you know.)  We perused a few more stores and enjoyed the best soft pretzel that I have maybe ever had (and the guaranteed first that he has ever had!)

Oh the way back home, our small corner of the world got it's first rain in more than three weeks; and it wasn't just a rain, it was a downpour - a "the windshield wipers won't move fast enough" kind of downpour.  It was both equally tense and relaxing to drive in the rain. :)

Despite the sunburn that is still bothering me six days later, the horrible embarrassment of locking my keys in the car at Culver's, and the discomfort of wearing wet clothes (due to locking my keys in the car in the downpour;) without my husband's input, I will declare it "the best day that we have spent together since our honeymoon."

Love, Love, Love,
Jewel

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Fun post! I never went to Kokomo Beach and what was the name of that OTHER pondy-beachy place over by Kokomo that we used to go to from Teen Camp?