Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

From our arms to His

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful servants.
Psalm 116:15 

At 1:00 this morning, September 3rd, 2013, Grandmom earned her eternal award - one she has truly given her life to/for.  No more suffering. No more pain. Walking with Jesus. Meeting her Lord. From our arms to His...


 I spent Sunday and Monday by Grandmom’s bedside, holding her hand, reading her Scripture, counting her breaths, and praying her into sweet Jesus’ arms. For almost 25 years, I was blessed to have the world’s best Grandmom – a true godly example, a woman of prayer and God’s Word, dedicated to His service. If everyone had a mother/grandmother like my family has been blessed with, the world would be a better place. There would be more kindness, generosity, and Christlikeness. There would be less hunger, war, and anger. I hope my children and grandchildren will have at least half the amount of admiration for Titus and I do as I have for my Granddad and Grandmom Ache.

Staring into Grandmom’s sleeping eyes, I remembered the good times – times when Grandmom was stronger, when I was younger, the special things that she would do, the ordinary things that she would do in a special way. Sitting beside her bed, reading portions of the books of John and Psalms, I vividly remembered her sitting next to my bed, reading to me – stories about little boys and girls in Africa.

To be continued…
Cherishing her legacy,
Jewel

1 comment:

sara said...

I know you will miss your grandmom, but love that you are celebrating her life. what better way to be remember than to be modeled. Your children and grandchildren will be blessed by you but because of her!! sending love and prayers!