Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fatty Mc-No-Feet

Last weekend I was able to escape the responsibilities of the office and homework and spend 2 days with my prego sister in Fishers, fatty mc-no-feet herself.  Joni is due July 17th, but I'm definitely ready for my first nephew/niece (the gender being a mystery to ALL) absolutely any day now.  I slept in the cute cute nursery in the guest bed next to the crib.  I looked into the crib and imagined a tiny baby and got so excited for his/her arrival!  Jessie, Joni and I made quite a few scrapbook pages for the baby book.  Of course there are no pictures yet, so we made the templates and glued matting for the pictures.  I think we watched like 3 episodes of home renovation shows; and, of course, if you know either of my sisters, Food Network.  Our waiter Friday night thought he was seeing double, and maybe triple, and I was like umm.. I mean we don't look anything alike, I have glasses and long hair, Jessie obviously doesn't and her hair is way short, but ok.  His name was Lafayette (mm.. I like that) and he has 19-yr-old twin sons (mm.. I like that) haha.  I cannot remember too many other monumental things from the weekend at Joni's, except that I got alot of much-needed and much-coveted sleep, 12+ hours one night, and almost 10 the next, and I feel like everytime I laid on the couch (which was a frequent occurance) I fell asleep.  Also, Sunday afternoon we had lunch on the patio (as it was quite beautiful) and there was a huge (we're talking like thumbnail size) hairy black spider frolicking quite comfortably in the rafters of our umbrella.  I feel like no one cared except me.  My brother felt it necessary to remove the wasps nest, but left the spider nestled above my head.  I couldn't eat.  I simply couldn't.


These are my siblings- Jeff, Jessie and Joni.  Please ignore the fact that I look atrocious in the ghastly, though customary, graduation hat and gown.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Me? Oh, I wouldn't consider getting close enough, or especially making contact! Nooo.