Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rain Drops Keep Fallin On My Head

The past three weekends, we have been having incredible rough weather.  On the bright side, my dad has had lots of business repairing and replacing TV towers and antennas.  On Sunday an electrical pole was struck by lightening on our street, and we lost power for 4 hours.  I was just bragging about my town and how we never lose electricity, while many other areas do.  I suppose it wasn't their fault, but it wasn't exactly fixed quickly.  I had a paper due for World Lit on Monday, that I still hadn't started at 7:30 Sunday evening, 10 minutes before we lost power.  My faithful MAC held charge for about an hour, my notebook lit by the flame of a lantern, then it was time to venture across town to Grandmom's.  Mom had a powerpoint she needed to finish for the morning, and Jessie was bored, so both went along.  Grandmom wasn't sure how to feel about having 3 laptops on her dining room table, haha.  It's been quite a month for wind and storm clouds.  The Iowa/Wisconsin area has experienced tremendous flooding, and many many areas have been evacuated by boat or helicopter.  I can't imagine.  What would I take?  What would I leave?  I am very sentimental and cannot imagine the fear of leaving my house in full knowledge that days later, when I return, many irreplaceable things will be ruined.  Keep the area and these residents in your prayers.

2 comments:

Megan said...

That's a great story. Especially since you just bragged about Gas City not ever losing power. (Hope your paper turned out great!) :)

~Megan

Keetha Broyles said...

Love your sky pictures, Jewel!!