Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, February 01, 2010

Reclaiming what is His...

Despite devastating loss in Haiti, religious riots in Nigeria, and kidnappings in the Philippines, incredible things are happening around the world! God is reclaiming what is His; He is working in miraculous ways, and gloriously revealing His love! Hallelujah, amen!


On Friday evening I had a 3-hour chit-chat with my three bffs in Cambodia, and there was something I didn't tell you about in Saturday's post because it deserves to be acknowledge separately.


Rewind juuust a little bit! This summer while I was in Cambodia, I read Shane Clairborne's book Irresistible Revolution. It changed my life. I was challenged to take seriously God's command "Sell all that you have and give it to the poor." God laid one special friend on my heart. In the eyes of the world, my friend Pagna is probably my poorest friend in Cambodia.



Shortly after I left, Pagna graduated from high school, and I knew that his family didn't have the money to send him to the university. God reminded me that NOT ONLY is my family able to provide for me to attend the university, BUT that we don't have to because I have free tuition [Mom is faculty -> free tuition.] God asked me to bless Pagna with the blessings that I had received.



Now Pagna is attending the university to become an English teacher.


So what has God reclaimed?


Many times this summer, Pagna and I prayed together for his family because neither his parents nor his sisters are Christians. We had also prayed the same prayer together the previous summer. When my friend Vandy, who is Pagna's pastor, approached his family with the gift, Pagna's mother agreed to attend church and seek this God that has provided for her son in a miraculous way.




Pagna's mother was gloriously saved. She is now a faithful church member and seeks to serve her Christian brothers and sisters in the province of Kratie.


There's more.


I've written about my friends Nathan and Jade who are in the process of adopting a little boy, Samuel, from Uganda. Jade returned to Uganda last Tuesday with her dad. In Tuesday's post I told you that Jade's dad, Howie, who isn't a Christian was prompted to bring a Bible with him - a book that he has never read.


On Sunday morning, in Uganda Africa, Howie was gloriously saved.


Jade wrote, "He looked at me with teary eyes and said that he wanted [to accept Jesus into his heart.] I cried and started praying with him. He gloriously asked forgiveness for his sins and accepted Christ into his heart. We then took communion together, prayed again, and hand in hand sang praises to OUR Maker. It was beautiful. It was the moment I have been, along with so many others, been praying about for 10 years."


You can read Jade's story, "My dad has his place in Heaven" HERE.


I'm praising God with Hillsong's Mighty to Save:
Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD for all HE is doing,
andrea

Hazel said...

How wonderful the help you extended to Pagna, but most of all the people that have been blessed through your and your friends' ministerial efforts. Here's wishing you more blessings.