Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bloom Where You are Planted!

I have been thinking a lot about this whole job search thing and I can't stop remembering the phrase,

"Bloom where you are planted."
I am so so so anxious to return to Cambodia and to continue our ministry there, but God has directed otherwise and I trust that He has a marvelous plan for the time that Titus and I will spend learning, laughing, and loving together in the States. As I wrote this note, there is conflict in Cambodia - it's not a physical battle, but certainly a mental, emotional, and spiritual battle - and I am wondering if God is trying to protect me, to protect us (Titus and I).
If I am hired as a server at Cracker Barrel, that is my mission field.  If I am hired by a local day care, that is my mission field.  If I am hired as a Starbucks barista, that is my mission field.  Wherever I go, I pray that by God's grace, I will bloom there.  So I continue looking for job opportunities and I continue applying.  I believe that my God is Sovereign (Isaiah 45:9) - that He has complete authority - and I trust that He is directing my job search.
Love love love, Jewel

1 comment:

sara said...

that is a great perspective! praying for you as you continue to look!