Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Life is full of beauty..."

I had such an awesome weekend!  Friday was the most beautiful day that I have seen since 2011 started in Indiana.  After cleaning my Grandmom's house Friday morning and having a platter of veggies for lunch, I went outside with my sunglasses, a bottle of lemonade, and a good book.  I sat there for two hours and it was the most beautiful thing.  I heard the birds singing. I saw the biggest furriest black and yellow bumblebee EVER.  I felt the wind blow across my face.  I watched the clouds swim through the bluest-blue sky and I watched the grass dance in the breeze.  I walked to the postoffice with mi mama, and along the way, I smelled blooming flowers, freshly-cut grass, burning trash, and burgers cooking in a grill. I was reminded:



Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” ~Ashley Smith
 

Saturday morning, I joined some teens and sponsors from our youth group and we rode our bikes along the Cardinal Greenway.  From Gas City Park down the Sweetser Switch Trail and back, I rode 26 miles.  The Greenway was beautiful!  The sun was shining, there was a cool breeze, and the wildflowers were in full bloom.  When I wasn't singing silly songs with the 7th and 8th graders, I was praising the Lord in my heart - praising Him for a beautiful day and a life of many blessings.  I must admit: I seriously cannot believe I made it back. [In the picture above, I am in the bright yellow T on the far left. Thank you Rebecky for letting me borrow such an awesome purple bike - I loved the basket and the "#1 MOM" lisence plate!]

After a quick shower and a short-lived moment of exhaustion, I got in the car with mi mama and drove an hour to attend the wedding of my dear friend Jenny Campbell and her prince, Juan Ernesto.  The wedding was outside, and with every turn, seeing the darkening of the clouds, I prayed, "Lord, withhold the rain!" (Amos 4:7). It was my first outside wedding, and my first wedding in the rain. Despite the rain, it was a beautiful ceremony.  Jenny looked so so so happy, and I was happy for her.

In 159 days, I'll be walking down the aisle in my ivory dress, and I'll be so so so happy.  Rain or sunshine, it will be a beautiful day. ♥♥♥
Love love love, Jewel

No comments: