Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, May 06, 2011

So... now what?

I may not know all the details of my future, I may not even know what I am doing as of September 1st, but I know that my God has a plan and He has always been faithful to guide me and to reveal His plan to me in His timing. I currently have a part-time job on campus - the same job that I have had since I graduated from high school - but I can only remain there until the students return for the Fall semester.

So I am looking for another job - part-time or full-time. Titus and I are applying to work with YWAM for long-term ministry in Cambodia. The first step is attending a Discipleship Training School. So if we are accepted and all our funds come in, we will start classes in Louisville, Kentucky in September 2012. [AND I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT IT.]  There is also the option to start in March 2012, but we have decided to enjoy the summer as a newly married and adjusting couple before we make that commitment.

I want a job where I can love people and I can spend time in prayer. If that means cleaning a church, that would be awesome. If it means holding babies, that would be even greater. I have applied to be a server, a secretary, a barista, and a daycare worker and I am still looking. Right now as I am waiting and preparing for the mission field, I have no idea what God's intentions are for me but I am praying and trusting that He will open and close the right doors, leading me to His will.  This summer is both a time of much excitement and much questioning, and that's all I have to say about it now. :)

Love love love, Jewel

2 comments:

Pam said...

I know that God has an amazing plan for you and Titus. I think giving yourselves a little bit of time as a couple is wise. Excited to see the twists and turns to your story. :)

Loren said...

all things work together for the good of those who love Him...:)

and jessie thought that picture was a waste of the two of you psh what was she thinking ;)

miss you! we should hangout and look for jobs together :D

love love love!