Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Covenant of Love

Around two weeks ago, God reminded me in an almost audible way that He has promised Himself to me.   He reminded me that as Titus promised himself to me on our wedding day, so my God has promised Himself to me.  The closest and most intimate relationship that man can experience is that of HUSBANDandWIFE, and the Lord wants this kind of relationship with me! 

As a newlywed, my vows and my groom's vows are fresh in my memory.

"...I Chamnol, chose you Jewel, to be my bride, my love, my life, my ministry partner, and my wife. I promise you with all my heart to take care of you, to support and protect you, and to provide for your needs spiritually and physically.  In spite of the differences between cultures, language, food and weather, I promise you, I'll never leave you alone nor abandon you. I'll be with you until death set us apart. I thank God for creating you and putting you into my life. I'll be faithful to you and I love you forever."

and

"I Jewel, choose you Chamnol, as my best friend, my love for life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, and my most tender care. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future, I promise to be faithful to you. I promise to love you, and to support you. I pledge to respect your family, your culture, and your talents. I pledge to give you strength for all of your dreams.  From this day forward, you shall not walk, minister, or sleep alone. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home. As I have given you my hand to hold, I give you my life to keep. Please wear this ring as my promise of faith, patience, and love, for the rest of my life, from here to eternity."

So also my God has promised Himself to meI read this passage in Hosea 2:19-20 this morning, and I am humbled - humbled by His covenant of love with this unfaithful bride, whom He will never abandon nor divorce.


And then I'll marry you for good—forever!
I'll marry you true and proper, in love and tenderness.
Yes, I'll marry you and neither leave you nor let you go.
You'll know me, God, for who I really am. [The Message]

How thankful I am that God loves me and continues to call me back to Himself. He is so faithful - so so so faithful.  I am blessed to be called 'His'.

Love love love,
Jewel

No comments: