Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Psalm 139 LOVE

O Lord, You have searched me and You know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O Lord...

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will give me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light will become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to You, the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to You.

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
[Psalm 139:1-4, 7-16; NIV]

I am not only the daughter of this big and awesome God - the King of kings, Savior and Creator of all - I am His creation. He put me together with
strong hands and a heart full of love. I am the child of a heavenly father. He created who I am, my inmost being. He gave me emotions that can feel His love, strength, joy, and peace. He gave me LIFE! He made me in His image - wonderfully and fearfully. I am His and He is mine. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THOUGHT! I am His and He knows me -- better than I know myself, and better than anyone ever will. He knows my ways, my thoughts, and my words before they are a reality. Nothing, not the darkness nor the depths, can hide who I am from Him. He goes with me -- into the Heavens or into the depths, on the wings of the dawn, and to the far side of the sea. There His hand will guide me; His hand will hold me.

His love is inescapable.

God, I am sitting still in Your love, Your goodness, and Your beauty. I am amazed at who You are, and what You have done -- what You have done in me and what You have done through me. May I see myself in You, and be who You created me to be. I am Yours; all that I am is Yours. You made me wonderful, and You gave me life. I give the deepest part of who I am to You. I am Your child -- may I be honorable, obedient, and worthy of my maker.

God, I cherish You, my Maker. I trust your hand to hold me and guide me in the darkness and the far side of the seas. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Search me, try me, and guide me to everlasting life in You. Lord, I make this my prayer, that I may be eternally and gratefully Yours, for all the days of the life that You have given me.
Eternally Yours,
Jewel

No comments: