Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, April 25, 2011

Blessed on Easter Weekend

On the afternoon of Good Friday, twin sis Jessie and I went over to our friend Kellie's house to play hang out, play games, and evidently eat carrots.  Kellie is one of Jessie's classmates in the social work program.  We are graduating on Saturday, and Kellie already has a house and a job already.  Way to go Kellie!  I already know my post-grad plans, but I'm still trying to figure the 'how' and the 'where' parts of the immediate future.

Friday night was wonderful for three reasons. 1) I have been craving an Arby's regular roast beef, and I finally got one.  2) I saw the new Tyler Perry movie, Madea's Big Happy Family, in theaters and it was really funny. 3) I went with Jessie, Janna, and Jessa - three people I adore.  Madea is a popular pick whenever us four J's have girls night.

Since Grandmom's critical health problems this summer, Jessie has been cleaning her house every weekend and because Jessie is soon leaving for the Philippines then to grad school in New York, I am inheriting the job.  I value this opportunity for two reason: 1) It is paid, and 2) I will be spending an extra two hours with Grandmom every week.  On Saturday, Jessie trained me.  Grandmom isn't a hard lady, but she wants everything done in a certain way - every object has it's place, and her homemade cleaner has a strict recipe.  I'll be shadowing Jessie for one more week, and then I'm on my own!

In the last two or three years, my family has developed a new tradition. [By the way, my family is big on tradition, which will become interesting once one or two daughters begin celebrating the holidays in far away countries.]  Older sis Joni and bro-in-law Jeff attend a church that has Saturday evening services. So, on the Saturday evening before Easter, we attend Geist Christian Church together.  Afterwards, we returned home, we watched the babies open their Easter baskets, we ate dinner, we took naps on the floor, we played Rage, and we ate ice cream.

Sunday was a really awesome day.  Our morning Easter service was very powerful and the Spirit was really moving.  I enjoyed good fellowship with dear dear friends after the service [see below] and a quiet afternoon of reflection after a wonderful meal with my family.





I am back at school now and preparing for my last four days on campus before graduation.  Sad. Sad. Sad.

Love love love, Jewel

No comments: