Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sweet Blessedness

I am blessed... so so so blessed. In my senior capstone class this semester, one of the assignments was to craft a personal mission statement.  One of the lines in my personal mission statement reads, "...to direct attention to God's love and powerful activity in the world..." and part of that is accomplished by helping others (and myself) to recognize how blessed we are. I am blessed... so so so blessed.


Part One of a list that is to be continued::
1. In so many perspectives I am "poor", but on a world-wide scale, I am so indescribably wealthy. When and where that benefits His Kingdom, I am grateful. Did you know only 8% [EIGHT PERCENT!] of people in the world eat 3 meals a day?!

2. I was born into a Christian family. As a child, I heard about Jesus and I had Christian role models. My heart breaks for those who have chosen another way, but especially for those who know no other way. We believe so deeply what we were taught as truth from birth and it is a difficult decision to believe something otherwise, especially a way of life that is contrary to culture. What a gift of love that God placed me right where I am. He is good... so so so good. Please pray with me for the Buddhists in Cambodia and for others who were born into families of other faiths.

3. I can read. I feel so blessed that I can read the Living Word and meet God in Scripture. So many cannot read, and so many do not have a copy of God's Word in their language.

4. Technology. There are a few people many many many miles away that are very special to me, and various forms of technology have allowed us to stay connected and involved in each other’s lives. No, it isn't the most wonderful circumstance, but praise Jesus for Skype, email, Facebook, and telephones.

5. People who pray.  God's awesome power is released when His people pray.  As you are faithful in prayer, Jesus moves mountains and raises valleys, He heals and He provides. THANK YOU!

6. I am thankful that Yahweh, our God, is a personal and relational God. I recently had a great conversation with an old friend who asked me how I can feel so excited and at-peace about living in "a country like Cambodia." I had the opportunity to share with him the story of how the God, who had spoken to Abram (Genesis 12:1) and to Joshua (Joshua 1:9) came and spoke to me and asked me to go. Then I got to share with my friend the incredible miracle that God is still talking and by His grace, I am still listening. It is not a stagnant, commanding dictatorship, but a love relationship.


I am blessed... so so so blessed .The more I open my eyes and my heart, the more I realized how blessed I am.  In the last few months, I have been beginning each morning with the prayer, "Lord, reveal Yourself to me today and help me to be always conscious of you."  He is faithful. I am blessed... so so so blessed.
Love love love, Jewel

No comments: