Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, July 19, 2008

and I'm thankful there's more than the twenty-first time!



Between packing, I just finished my last video project.  If you don't have 5 minutes to download and view this video, I encourage you to at least read the lyrics listed below.  I believe it's a powerful song and I hope the video moves you to thought or action.

The Twenty-First Time by Monk and Neagle::
Nowhere to live, nowhere to fall
he used to have money, but he’s wasted it all.
His face is a photograph burned in my mind,
but I pretend not to see him for the twenty-first time

He sleeps under stars, that’s all he can afford
His blanket's an old coat he’s had since the war
He stands on the corner of Carter and Vine
But I pretend not to see him for the twenty-first time

He may be a drifter, he’s grown old and gray
But what if he’s Jesus and I walk away?
I say I’m the body and drink of the wine
but I pretend not to see him for the twenty-first time

She’s twenty-nine but she feels forty-eight
She can’t raise three kids on minimum wage
She’s cryin’ in back of the welfare line
but I pretend not to see her for the twenty-first time

She may be a stranger tryin’ to get through the day
but what if it’s Jesus and I walk away?
I say I’m the body and drink of the wine
bu
t I pretend not to see her for the twenty-first time

This is a call for a change in my heart
I realize that I’ve not been doin’ my part
when I needed a Savior, I found it in Him
He gave to me, now I’ll give back to them


Drifter or stranger, father or son
I’ll look for Jesus in every one
’cause I am the body and drink of the wine
and I’m thankful there’s more than the twenty-first time.


And if you give yourself to the hungry
And satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
Then your light will rise in darkness
And your gloom will become like midday.
Isaiah 58:10


footnote:: Monk and Neagle is a Christian John Mayer/Jack Johnson/Bebo Norman jazz/acoustic-pop fusion, and my newest discovery of musical pleasure.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Powerful lyrics! I'm speechless!

Megan said...

Powerful lyrics! I'm speechless!