Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, July 18, 2008

To boldly go where no one has gone before

GOOD NEWS!  (Not necessarily for you or, in reality, the large majority of anyone, but for me.. and a few others!)  I have plane tickets to Kansas City for July 23rd and returning to Indianapolis on August 11th!  Kiara (my goddaughter), her 3-year-old sister (Jael), and their parents (Geovanni & Christine) will be making their first appearance in the States and will be traveling throughout the Kansas Wesleyan district to speak in churches about their ministry in Ecuador.  They have asked me to join them for 20 days and I am beyond excited.  I believe George & Sheree Wuertz, the American missionaries from Kansas to Ecuador, will also be traveling with us.  Some aspects of the trip don't seem to be the most thrilling, for example:: 3-5 hour car rides through the nothingness Kansas with 4 car seats, but I know that will mean excitement.  Aside from traveling and speaking in churches, we will also be attending some sort of missions conference.  During this conference we will be staying in a hotel with an indoor water park.  We will also be spending a weekend at a lake-house, going horseback riding, and going to a renowned dinner theatre.  Other details remain unknown to me, but I know it will be a good time.  Aside from the hotel and lake-house, we will be staying in supporters houses, which will potentially be an interesting experience.  I am so anxious to meet and hold Kiara, who will be 6-months-old on July 28.  I expect there will be lots of nanny time, but I know Geo & Chris want me involved in everything they will be doing on the trip.  Hopefully there will be updates in the next 3 weeks, but I cannot guarantee internet access.  Unlike Keetha, I will probably not choose to sit in the library parking lot. =/

Some thoughts as I begin to prepare physically & mentally for the trip::
-When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
-No place is boring if you've had a good night's sleep and an empty digital memory card.
-Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?
Geovanni, Christine, Jael, and Kiara Saltos

George, Sheree, Daniel, and Nathan Wuertz

No comments: