Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update on Life

Here is a quick quick short update on my life, as I sit today. This week is our district Family Camp at Fairmount Wesleyan Campgrounds. I'm leaving for Kansas at 4:30AM tomorrow, so I left camp this afternoon to ensure I am packed and ready. I love camp and wish I could do both - Kansas and camp, but Kansas is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and one I would NOT choose to miss. I enjoyed my 3 days at camp. I saw good friends I only see at camp and reminisced good-ole family camp memories! There is a special needs man who washes dishes and he really likes my sister and I, and I have quite the partiality for him too. haha. Jessie and I have worked in the walker nursery for quite a few years now. It was a joy to have Bryan in there this year. He is a little Mexican boy that comes to my church with a family friend, and I love him! I watched him one evening for a couple hours and he laughed and smiled and chattered and held my hand the whole time, something no one sees when he is in a crowded nursery surrounded by little white kids. His family has moved to Illinois, so it was sad to hug him for the last time. Well, I believe I am all packed-up for Kansas. The plans were that I would stay the night with my sister and brother-in-law in Fishers because my plane leaves at 7:30AM, but Joni had surgery yesterday and will still be in the hospital tonight. So gracious Dad will take me to the airport at 4:30 tomorrow morning. UGH! Please pray for my sister as she heals. I hope to have the chance to blog some while in Kansas, but I have no idea how things will play out. Thanks in advance for your prayers as we travel and speak and reconnect.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like all of ya'll will be in for a culture shock. That's really cook that they're 'making' you speak Spanish - you were already good so I'm sure you'll come back a pro! :)

Some advice that I found somewhere - Don't worry too much about pictures. Pictures are nice, but live in the moment too!