Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm thankful.

Thanksgiving was good!  I woke up feeling a little funny, and had stomach cramps most of the afternoon, but that didn't keep me from eating everything I wanted!  (The sweet potatoes were the best.)  Wednesday afternoon Jessie, my parents, Grandmom, and I drove 4 hours to my uncle Andy's house in Ohio.   My aunt Nancy's father's health has been decaying, so her brother and sister, and their spouses traveled from DC, to join their parents.  So altogether, there were fifteen gathered around two tables on Thursday.  Because I wasn't feeling well, I missed the Macy's parade (which is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition), and because of homework, I missed three good football games.  I wasn't surprised to see Tennessee beat the Lions 47-10, and I was glad to see the Eagles beat the Cardinals!!  I'm definitely a Colts fan, but Eagles are choice #2 (living out Granddad's legacy.)  Friday I DID go to Wal-Mart around 4:30 and the crowds were so dead, I didn't even have to wait in line to checkout!  Last night I put in a new Christmas cd, then Jessie, Mom, and I put up one Christmas tree!  Hopefully soon Dad will fix the lights on the tower so we can display our star at 30' high.  I would like to see more decorated before I return to school Sunday night, but I do have five essays to revise and print for my Advanced Writing portfolio.  I only have one week of classes before finals.  Yikes!

No comments: