Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sleepy Pea & the Trail of Terror

I went home last night so I would be there when my niece came in her costume. She was the cutest little pea-pod.  I hadn't seen her since my birthday, and she had grown so much in 5 weeks!  This was the best picture I could get to upload, but I imagine my sister will have pictures to post, so I will steal a cute one from her and update here.





Later last night, I went with Jessie and three friends from school and three of their friends that were visiting from Ohio, and we went an hour away to a haunted corn maze in Farmland.  We were maybe five minutes away, when the cornmaze was eight minutes til closing, then we were led on a detour.  Steve, our driver, decided the better idea was to forget the detour sign and continue on.  I won't tell you how our excursion managed a way around the closed bridge, but it did involve white knuckles and grabbing Gabby next to me.  Ok, I will tell you -- we crossed the Mississinewa River through the Mississinewa River.  It was intense, but I loved it.  We didn't get arrive until 10:59, so it was plenty dark, and plenty scary.  I love the thrill of being frozen in fear, fighting an anxiety attack; but I love more my friends who were willing to hold my hands, and my arms, and shelter me from the ghouls and black figures.  We were in a group of nine, and the workers knew who the scared girl was-- so then tended to shadow me.  Despite my pulling, pushing, and throbbing, I think everyone had a good time!  It was a night of good stories at least!

No comments: