Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, December 01, 2008

The Blue Pumpkin

I was surprised to find a link to The Blue Restaurant, a small interesting restaurant in Siem Reap, Cambodia. I say interesting, because I'm not sure how else to describe it. Finally, there are pictures! We went one evening and I felt like I was in another world.. definitely not Cambodia. I remember feeling very cool (but not cold). Everything was sterile white, almost like a dream. They had a small selection of American food. I tried the spaghetti.. and didn't like it. Along the wall, on the large overstuffed "couches" was a gang of fashionable Korean women on Macbooks, browsing facebook. It was like a weird dream...

PS: The blue pumpkin? What does that even mean?




1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Those people lounging around on big white couches makes me think of the way they ate in the Bible - - - "reclining"

However, I don't know if they had the fancy little trays, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have the lappies!!!