Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Around the World

This is the first year that I truly pondered Christmas across the world.  Within a twenty-four hour period, Christians all over the world celebrated the birth of Christ in a variety of ways.  I am again humbled to remember that I am the daughter of a God who has 6 1/2 billion children, yet He intimately cares for me.  I also have begun to wonder what Christmas and other traditions will be like when I too am a missionary on foreign soil.

This is a picture of a white Christmas in Aruba 
- where two friends from highschool, Derek and Kim, spent their holiday

This is a picture of Christmas in Sudan, where my friend Jennifer is a missionary under Iris Ministries.  Their main ministry is similar to an orphanage, but is more like a village of small homes filled with family units of 10-15 children and a mama.

This is a picture on Christmas Eve in Bethlehem

Finally, this is a picture of my friend Nun in Honduras, celebrating with a very large extended family of aunts, uncles, and many cousins.

No comments: