Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The harvest is plentiful!

I've been thinking mucho about where I will be in the next 5-10 years (or even sooner!) and wondering where God will send me. If God were to give me an option, I don't think I could even choose! I love Cambodia and I have a passion for the needs there... however; I love Spanish, and I love the hispanic culture. So... I don't know! I have started doing a little research on areas and ministries (for my own curiousty and interests' sake) and I found this incredible proect called Joshua Project. Their purpose and mission is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the least followers of Christ.


If you cannot read the key, Green represents Signifcant Church (Greater than 10% Evangelicals); Blue = Established Church (Between 2 and 10% Evangelicals); Yellow = Formative or Nominal Church (Less than 2% Evangelicals andGreater than 5% Christian Adherents); and Red represents the Unreached/Least Reached areas (Very few, if any, known believers.)

The statistics on their homepage:
Total People Groups by Country
# People Groups: 16,302
# Unreached People Groups: 6,620
% of Unreached People Groups: 40.6%


So I say this::
Luke 10:1-3 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves..."


No comments: