Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, February 06, 2009

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS

My last seven months have been poo, BUT I have learned a lot. A lot. As hurt, and angry, and now frustrated (though I know this is more temporary) as I am, I am learning to look for the good things, to realize the big abounding blessings in my life. Sometimes I simply can't see through the black blinders of these emotions, but when I am able to rip through, I can see awesome things - like an indescribable 6am winter sky (which is worth waking up for!), or true sincerity in a friend who cares, or an awesome promise in God's Word, etc. I'm reminding myself...





Lamentations 3:19-25 says: I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him..


I'm reminding myself... I'm encouraging myself to remember where God has brought me and what He has taught me.



For example: I'm forgiven and free!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you blow me away.

Keetha Broyles said...

Jewel - - - I have a quote lying here on the counter next to my computer that I've been waiting to post on my blog. I've been waiting to either take or find the perfect picture to go with it.

Now that I read this post of yours, I'm thinking the quote is for you.

What to do - - - wait for the picture, or post photoless?????


Decisions, decisions!!!

Jewel said...

haha.. I'm not good with decisions so I don't know!

But I am waiting anxiously..

Keetha Broyles said...

It's posted - - - I GOOLED for a picture to put with it.