Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday's Fave Five

This is my first official “Friday’s Fave Five” blog, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. I’m excited about it, because who wouldn’t like to write about the things they love? Now there is an official day to do just that – Friday! I intend to continue participating in this event, so every 5 things will apply to THAT week.
Drum roll….


1) Skype
If you have been a faithful (or maybe even semi-regular) follower of my blog, you know that in May/June, I took my 2nd trip to Cambodia. I have many friends there, and a few in particular that I care very much about. Skype allows me to call Chamnol, Vandy, Tess, Greg, and others quite cheaply. On Monday, I was able to talk to my friend Leak in Cambodia, so Skype is definitely one of my favorite things this week!






2) The Rec & Wellness Center
I've been going to the gym about 6:45am for the past few weeks. Exercising isn't something I necessarily enjoy, but it is the perfect start to a day! I'm motivated, energized, and rejuvenated! I have about a 90+ minute routine, and I get about 20-30mins of hardcore praying done while I'm running or on the elliptical. Plus, I have already lost 1 pant size!

3) Quaker Mini Delights - Caramel Streusel
I just discovered these this morning, and evidently they have been in the house for awhile, because unfortunately, there are only 2 bags left in the box. [It will be written on the next grocery list, I promise!] At only 90 calories, it may become written into the routine between the gym and the office!



4) Leah Marie Sedberry (Can I choose something NOT material?)
My niece. My sister (not the mom, the other sister) babysit Leah today while her parents went to a funeral. I took the afternoon off so I could spend some time with her, but soon after I got home to play with the little girl, I was called away to do some grocery shopping. I enjoy the 30 minutes I was with her. I can't believe how "on the move" she has become since she has learned to crawl and pull herself up quite efficiently.

5) Free To Be Me by Francesca Battestelli
I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago, and I've been internally replaying it since! I love the lyrics and the melody. Mmm.
Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me


1 comment:

Susanne said...

Hi Jewel! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. So excited you decided to join.

I love your list and most certainly you can add something that is not material. It is anything that was your fave over the week and when it's as cute as a button as your little niece it's especially most welcome. She is adorable.

I love Skype too. I get to talk to my daughter for free! Yipee!

I applaud you for exercising so early. I used to do that too and really need to get back to it.