Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday's Fave Five [at the end of a semester]

This week went sooo slow. I'm so happy to finally see Friday!! AND, it's the last full week of the semester! I'm officially done with classes, and start three days of exams on Monday!

Happy “Friday’s Fave Five” blog, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Click on the linky to see what 5 things other bloggers are love love loving this week!

1. Shrek
I miss this dog. He lives in Cambodia, and while I was there in May and June he walked me to school everyday. Last week as I was skyping with Titus [pictured below], I could hear Shrek barking in the background and it warmed my little heart. Love him! When I live in Cambodia, I hope to raise a Shrek puppy!



2. I Saw What I Saw by Sara Groves



This song inspired my new blog header. It's a song inspired by a trip to Rwanda, and it reminds me of what I saw in Cambodia [and what I have seen in Ecuador, Honduras, the DR, Mexico, etc.] and how it has changed me. Love love love it!

I saw what I saw and I can't forget it
I heard what I heard and I can't go back
I know what I know and I can't deny it

Something on the road
Cut me to the soul

Your pain has changed me
Your dream inspires
Your face a memory
Your hope a fire
Your courage asks me what I'm afraid of
And what I know of love

We've done what we've done and we can't erase it
We are what we are and it's more than enough
We have what we have but it's no substitution

I say what I say with no hesitation
I have what I have and I'm giving it up
I do what I do with deep conviction


3. Two-hour lunch breaks
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have a two-hour break between chapel and work and it is a very cherished time. It is a great time to either accomplish a lot or to rest. I start classes before 8am and I'm not done until after 4pm, so it's a needed to get either refocused or chill out. I'm being thankful for it now, because next semester my schedule isn't as permitting. :(


4. Shelter from the wind
As I'm writing this, it is blistering cold and windy outside. AND... it isn't even snowing! What a waste of winter weather! I'm thankful for a warm coat, and I'm thankful for the heat inside this building. I'm thankful for scarfs and gloves, warm chai, and all the blankets on my bed.



5. Jessie
I have the best twin sister. For real. We fight, we get selfish, but I know that truly she does care about me more than she cares about herself, and I feel the same. I love you Jessie, and when people hurt you, it hurts me! Things are always more fun when you are there.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings, andrea

Carrie said...

How fun to be a twin! =)

And I'm with you - if it's cold it might as well snow. Otherwise it's, as you said, a good waste of winter weather!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa notes... said...

Hope all goes well with exams next week. I think everyone is ready for a break by this time of the year.

I noticed your new blog header right away, and love it.

How fun to have a twin!

Blessings,
Lisa

Hazel said...

Ah ...what fun times you must have with your twin. I have twin cousins. They have identical faces, opposite personalities but they love each other. Shrek is a handsome guy. Stay warm.

Brenda said...

I love that song, thanks for sharing that with us. The words are amazing.

How nice to have a twin sister. Sounds like a great week.

Susanne said...

Beautiful song and video.

Love the big smile on you and your sister.

All the best on your exams next week.

Willow said...

Study hard and do well on your exams! Best of luck (and effort)!

I love your tribute to your sister too!

Have a great weekend.