1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
I don’t know. [How’s that for an answer? HA!]
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
Let’s see, nowadays I watch House, Golden Girls, Friends, Lost, and the Biggest Loser, so I will have to digress to my youth and choose Mrs. Camden from 7th Heaven.
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
I’m fluent in Spanish and working my way to being fluent in Khmer (the language of Cambodia.)
4. Who is your personal hero?
Harvey Ellsworth Ache (Granddad). Though he died when I was in kindergarten, he lives on everyday in my memory and my passion for missions.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
Buckeyes! (peanut butter balls)
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
Every Christmas both Mom and Grandmom give me an ornament and those will be very cherished in the years to come, especially as I move to Cambodia in the next 2-3 years and start new traditions with my new family. [I'll be taking those ornaments with me!]
7. How do you feel about snow?
I think it is beautiful. While I prefer warmer weather, my thought is this: If it’s going to be below 32 degrees, then it might as well snow! BUT BUT BUT – I like clean streets and sidewalks. ☺
Here in Marion, our 1st snow fell early on Monday morning. Didn't quite cover everything, but was beautiful. During my lunch hour I skype'd with my friend Titus in Cambodia and he was so excited to see his first snow via webcam!
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
Last week it was between four and five, but usually it’s closer to seven.
9. Tell me about your first crush.
He was a high school volunteer at VBS when I was in pre-school. I always always always sat on his lap and I LOVED it! Now he is married and has a baby and I lost all my jealousy after 3rd grade. His name is James Matchette. (Shh… it’s a secret.)
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
My first thought would be a nap, but if that weren’t an option… I suppose song lyrics. Or maybe I would see how many of my friends’ names I could fit on the board.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
I dress for the current temperature, always keeping the afternoon in mind. Fortunately three days a week I have a wonderful two hour lunch break and I am able to change between morning classes, and work in the afternoon.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
Elf. I could quote Elf all day long and I watch it about 15 times a year. Love love love it!
Also love: The Santa Claus (Tim Allen), the Home Alone series, and Miracle on 34th Street.
A few of those Elf quotes are::
- I'm singing/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!/I'm in a store/and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!
- We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
-You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa.
-Actually, I'm a human, but I was raised by elves.
-I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite.
-I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins.
-Have you seen these toilets? They're ginormous!
-I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands.
[I could go on, but I'll stop.]