Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Remembering 2009...

2009 was a good year! Looking back upon the events of 2009, this post will be the first of a short series to review the incredible memories, the life-changing moments, the glorious victories and the miserable defeats, the people that came and the people that went, and how it all brought me to where I am at the beginning of 2010. I encourage you to do the same.

First, I had an immense wound immensely healed. I would like to say that this is especially thanks to one person, but because I know he wouldn't accept any credit for himself, rather he would attribute it to God and to my own strength, I won't mention his name. He has been a huge huge huge blessing in my life, and I really don't know what I would have done in Fall 2008 and early Winter and Spring 2009 without him.
After a big, nasty bump in the road we call life, my life found it's purpose, and again had strength, joy, and peace in knowing God, knowing what I meant to God, and knowing that God is there. Thank you! [You know who you are!]
This passage pretty much basically sums up PERFECTLY the utter lostness, the abundant love, and the great faithfulness:

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him...

Lamentations 3:19-25


Second, I watched my niece grow from this --- to this!


From 6 months to 18 months!
It's been exciting to see Leah grow teeth, grow hair, learn to sit, to walk, to crawl, to eat, to smile, to cackle... and now she's out of the spitting up stage [for good I think!], and for that I am grateful! Baby Face, Aunt Jewel loves you so much!!
I love how you smile all the time!
I love how you eat so much and make such a mess!
I love how much you love Gramps and Grams!
I love your chubby fingers!
I can't wait to spend the next three days with you!



PS: You are right, it was God and my own strength, but it was YOU that helped me discover those two things!

No comments: