Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, March 05, 2010

Ending a good week...

We went to Downtown Aquarium in Houston yesterday. I love love love aquariums and this one was pretty good and only $9.95! The tanks full of tropical fish are always my favorite. I'm a liiittle jealous of my sister who has seen all these little guys while snorkeling in the Philippines.


Bethany, myself, and twin sis Jessie outside posting with only one of two sharks in the whole aquarium. That's right. There was only one other shark inside! A little disappointing, but a great time anyways!


Downtown Houston was exciting but I don't think I'll ever be a big city kind of girl! Five lanes of one-way traffic? No thank you!


Today was our last day and it wasn't the most beautiful. I actually wore jeans to the beach and a sweatshirt that I only took off for pictures. I got some sun between clouds on the patio this morning, and it was really warm but wasn't long-lived.


Our street was unusually busier all night with these two bad boys (and company) below. Apparently the city is making it's final preparations for the big Spring Break rush in two weeks, and apparently also there is an ordinance that forbids construction on the beach between the hours of 6am and 6pm because they work from 6pm to 6am. Yes, that's right. Alllll night long.
Fortunately, I have the gift of sleep. Yes, that's right. I have the gift of sleep. I can sleep anywhere at any time. So the noise that kept others awake until late at night and woke them up early in the morning, went unnoticed to me after I fell asleep before 11.


We're waking up at 5:30 tomorrow to leave by 6 and make good time before stopping for a hotel in the evening and finishing the twenty-hour trip in the morning. Again, I anticipate sleeping at least twelve of the twenty hours. Hopefully I can get lots of textbook-reading finished before getting too queasy.

I hope Indiana is warm!!!

No comments: