Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, March 21, 2010

What I learned from an entire night with 11 and 12-year-olds...

I'm a brave girl. Friday night I chaperoned our fifth/sixth grade ministry's all-nighter at the church. We started with free time, had worship and a service, pizza, Guitar Hero, 1am dodgeball, etc. We had 33 kids and just enough helpers.


Thank you to the youth group for leading us in worship. It was really really good. Really. They have all matured a lot and I was very impressed! During the time of worship, as we were singing

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I realized that I had underestimated the kids. I had underestimated how deep they were, how much they could understand spiritual things, how spiritual they could be.

God, thank you for using children to teach us.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I know some of your church's middle schoolers and they are AWESOME!!!!

I'm not one bit surprised to hear that you found them a spiritual group.

Heidi said...

You are so awesome! I recently told Fash about one of your mission trips. I wish you and Fash could meet. She loves kids and wants to go on a mission trip to work with kids somewhere. I think she will have this opportunity through the college she will be attending in the fall.

Tonja said...

I'll just bet those kids loved having you as one of their chaperones, too! Good for you!
Happy Spring!