Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Really Really Random!

Welcome to Wednesday's Random Dozen, hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
My sister has a pair that I am rather envious of. I saw them initially at Payless and made fun of them, then she tried them on and I said, "Give those back I saw them first." I've still never tried them on. :(

2. What is your favorite pizza?
Barbecue chicken and pineapple. Yummo! In Cambodia, we eat corn on our pizza -- it isn't as good.
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Hmm...

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
Ivanhoe's on South Main Street in Upland, Indiana. They have 100 sundaes and 100 shakes, and can make it all in hundreds of ways. Click HERE to see the menu.

5. What is your current favorite snack?
Graham crackers in milk.

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success?
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor
I wouldn't anticipate being successful in any of the three HA, but I would choose Survivor. I wouldn't even know how to weasel my way to the top, but I tend to not have a lot of enemies, and I'm pretty sure I could make it physically. So.. I'll choose that. :)

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
7. It's not full of trash, but I do have a few church bulletins lying on the floor and some other randoms in the back seat. Also, I have quite the embarrassing red gatorade stain that consumed the carpet behind the drivers seat.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
...lawns all over campus are busy with students lying out on blankets or playing frisbee and campus golf.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
Remembering two years ago on St. Patrick's Day when my sister accidentally set the door alarm off in the dorm, and because she knew people saw her, she ran upstairs and changed into a green shirt so she would blend in, then hid in her bed. haha. I will never forget her face when she realized the door was alarmed.

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
Finishing my development proposal before the night before it's due, and losing 20 pounds.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
“Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled on by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him.”
- Matthew Henry


12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
My FRIENDS appreciate when I swipe my card for their meals, and my professors appreciate when I bring them coffee. Yes, I'm a favorite. :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Pam said...

No, I'm thinking corn wouldn't be as good. : )

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a great entry and what great answers! I also loved reading your profile. God's richest blessings to you!

sara said...

You would be my favorite too if you brought me coffee!!!

Ok, I know I said I never had a pizza I didn't like.....but corn on pizza? that might do it! :)

Hazel said...

Barbecue chicken and pineapple pizza is such a yummy choice. I'd be brave wearing those high-heeled roman sandals only with a long skirt and a cane just in case the balancing gets tough, lol!