Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Dying Business

Arlington National Cemetery - Credit: National Geographic

I thought I worked at Grant Memorial Park, but apparently I work at Grant Memorial Lake; it's been raining and raining and raining all day. I was hoping for stronger storms because I have the perfect storm-watching window in my office. The clouds were very eerie earlier today, but it has only produced wind, rain, and a few quiet thunder claps.

Working in a cemetery seems to be a dying business. It's only 11:00 on Wednesday and I have already finished my Wednesday and Thursday responsibilities.  So... now what? I brought my ipod today, but it's so so so close to dying.

This morning, I read the obituary of a woman who lived to be 104-years-old. Her first husband died only five years after marriage; more than twenty years later, her second husband died after only six years of marriage. Yet somehow this woman managed to have five children, 45 grandchildren, 84 great-grandchildren, and twelve great-great-grandchildren. I imagine she has some unbelievable stories! She was also one of eleven children. I wonder how many nieces and nephews she has!

I splurged and packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my lunch today.  I haven't had much time for exercise, but I have been pretty faithful to my strict diet [except for Sunday; we won't talk about what I had at the church picnic.]

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to share -- such is life in a cemetery -- though every day is one day closer to seeing my fiance!
Love Love Love,
Jewel

No comments: