Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Fave Five: Pretty Things

Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!


1. Earrings from the Philippines - My sister brought me back these super cute purple pearl earrings from the Philippines this week. ♥ ♥ ♥


2. Bracelet from the Philippines - Another filipino souvenir from my sister. I love love love this. It's brass and has these awesome little teal gems on it to create beautiful flower designs. ♥ ♥ ♥


3. Noodle Bowl from Goodwill - I bought this ceramic "ying yang" bowl and matching spoon at Goodwill for super cheap. Love it!  It will be perfect for rice and noodles. ♥ ♥ ♥


4. Hand-powered Mixer from Grandmom - Thank you to my Grandmom for supporting the baking needs of my future husband and I. ♥ ♥ ♥


5. Sacred Influence - This book by Gary Thomas is so so so good.  Seriously.  It's about how God uses wives to shape the souls of their husbands. Quote: "A woman who commits herself to God and who learns to act with his wisdom is a fully empowered woman who is embarking on an exciting and life-changing journey."  And that's only in the introduction!   ♥ ♥ ♥

Love love love, Jewel

6 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

I love the jewelry; so pretty. And the book is a great one. I love all the Gary Thomas books. So inspirational.

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

Great find at the Goodwill. It is soooo fun to find what I need at low prices. Very nice of your grandmom to give you a mixer. I recently bought one too. I don't do a lot of baking/cooking any more, but there are certain times I really NEED one (like when making waffles).
Gary Thomas is a great author although I haven't read this book. Sounds inspirational.

ellen b said...

Looks like you got some fun goodies. I love a good bargain from Goodwill. Enjoy your book and your weekend!

Susanne said...

Love the bracelet and earrings.

The Gary Thomas book sounds very good. I don't think I've read anything by him.

Catherine said...

I'm loving your faves! The jewelry is cute! What a nice sister!

-Catherine

Mama Mia said...

Just hopped over from Susan's FFF... I'll have to read Sacred Influence-- Gary Thomas' book Sacred Marriage was a great one that our young couples' group went through 3 years ago. What lovely little gifts from the Philippines!