Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday's Fave Five: My Weaknesses

Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!



1. Babies – Whether it is my friends’ baby or a stranger in Wal-Mart, my heart pitter-patters when I see a baby, especially a dark-headed baby [although I am partial to my blonde-haired neices.]  When  am shopping, I love looking through the baby clothes [and Jessie says, "Ugh... no!!!"] I love love love babies.

2. Peanut Butter Pie – Even with my wedding dress alteration appointment quickly approaching, I could not say no to peanut butter pie. I’m craving it right now!!! I haven’t had a piece in weeks. I have a little more control when it comes to peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter cookies, and peanut butter fudge… but not much. I love peanut butter.

3. Jack Johnson - I can never be in a bad mood when I'm listening to Jacky J.  He's great.



4. Books - I cannot pass by a book sale without stopping. I never go on a trip without a book. I have almost two full shelves of books that I have never read, but have good intentions to read. I’m currently reading three books: Follow Me to Freedom: Leading and Following as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne and John Perkins, Radical by David Platt, and The Road of Lost Innocence: The True Story of a Cambodian Heroine by Somaly Mam. I love books.

5. Romdenh Chamnol - Few things can keep me up past a certain hour of the night; Romdenh Chamnol is one of them. He's my best friend, and I can't wait to marry with him, live with him, and share my life with him.
Love love love, Jewel

8 comments:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I'm certainly with you on books, Jack Johnson, babies, and Peanut Butter Pie!

Do you have a Peanut Butter Pie recipe you'd like to share?!

Have a great week ahead!

Brenda said...

I love it when people reccomend books, I ordered one of yours from the library already.

You look beautiful in that picture, I'd say you look just like your name, like a jewel :)

Willow said...

Beautiful photo of the two of you! It's obvious you are very much in love.
Thanks for the reminder about Radical by David Platt. I've been planning to read that book since I heard about it last summer. We've known Dr John Perkins for 40 years (he was my father in law's friend) so I'm also interested in reading Follow Me To Freedom. Two more books to put on my summer reading list!

Loren said...

you're so cute.
reading this made me smile
i miss you love!

Barbara H. said...

I love peanut butter, too, especially combined with chocolate!

I tend to keep adding to my books to read at every opportunity, too.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Catherine said...

What a wonderful list. Some of my favorites, too! Of course, your fiance is yours alone, but I love that he is your best friend. That's a perfect start. Blessings to both of you.
-Catherine

Cathie said...

Babies are sweet in any shape or color, aren't they? I also like peanut butter and Jack Johnson - and congratulations on being so happy and about to be married!

Have a good week.

Susanne said...

Congratulations on your engagement! What a handsome young man you will be marrying. I wish you two all the best and all God's blessings as you start you life together. Love that picture of you. Is that traditional Cambodian dress you are wearing?

I'm with you on the books. Love books! I have never had peanut butter pie. I'll have to remedy that.