Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wants and Haves

Yesterday, I had a painful realization that I have been wanting too much and I have not been giving enough consideration or reflection to what I already have. None of the things that I want are bad, but I am guilty of being ungrateful for what I do have.

Praise the Lord, I woke up with a thankful spirit, and I believe that is due to going to bed with a thankful heart, and praying a prayer of thankfulness. So, since yesterday evening, I have been desperately trying to erase the wants in my mind and engraving a list of haves on my heart. Here are just a few:

- I want more sleep ……………. I have a soft bed, air-conditioning, and warm blankets that allow me to sleep well each night. I also have a dad who gets worried when I don’t wake up with my 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd alarm; the same dad makes me coffee every morning before work. ♥♥♥
- I want a better job ……………. I have a good job that offers me 40 hrs/wk, with people who ask about my life and make me laugh – people I have really enjoyed getting to know. ♥♥♥

- I want more time with Jessie before she moves to New York for one year ……………. I have two more weeks, and I am going to take advantage of every day with her. ♥♥♥

- I want Grandmom to be cancer-free and healthy ……………. I have a God who is Father and Healer, and has faithfully brought Grandmom through much sickness, hospitalization, and therapy in the last two years. ♥♥♥

- I want my fiancé beside me ……………. I have confidence that God will open the way for Titus to come to America in a few weeks. ♥♥♥

- I want a vacation ……………. I have a 3-day-weekend with a list of fun, stress-free activities planned, including: camping with friends, sitting by the fire, time with family from Ohio, a 50%-off sale at Goodwill, reading a book, watching fireworks, grilling out and swimming, and sleeping in. ♥♥♥

As I post this, I am on my way to lunch. I have leftover chicken salad and a bowl of fruit; a blanket for a sunny picnic in the soft, green grass; my Bible, journal, highlighter, and pen. My sister is on her way to Kokomo Beach, where she will relax in the lazy river, and get her tan on. However, tomorrow, she will be at home, writing a paper for grad. school, and I will be receiving a big paycheck (and saving it for a luxurious honeymoon. ♥♥♥)

Love love love, Jewel

1 comment:

Pam said...

Your holiday weekend sounds like a lot of fun. Drink it up. Those more carefree days will be behind you one day... Enjoy every moment. You're in the most exciting time of your life. Hugs! : )