Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sr. High Camp

You haven't heard from me in awhile because I have been at Fairmount campgrounds for youth camp.  I have 11 girls from Hillside, Westview, and Three Rivers.  I have been a camper at Fairmount Wesleyan Camp since I was a quite young, so it really is my stomping grounds.  I have also been a Junior Bible Camp counselor there for 4 summers, but being a high school counselor is quite different.  These girls can read their handbooks, and know where they are supposed to be when.  They aren't fighting to sit beside me or on me, and they know how to use utensils and napkins.  They don't need night-lights or anyone to persuade them to take a shower.

Here I am in lower 12 front.

You should also notice my new T!  I love Cambodia!  I bought these for both my parents, my sisters, and my brother.  Every Christmas, Dad buys us matching shirts.  1 year they were sweatshirts with our names on them, another year we had matching fleeces, last year we all got Cubs t-shirts... so I couldn't resist when I saw these at the Russian Market in Phnom Penh.

Well my battery is dying and I can't seem to get a charge, so I'll have to say this is all for now!

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

YOU GO Jewell!!! Please, become "me" and grow into the head counselor's job, would ya????

Hehehehehehehehehe