Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Friday, March 04, 2011

2011's First Friday's Fave. Five

Happy Friday! I had a difficult time limiting myself to even six things this week, because: 1) It has been so many weeks since I have posted my "Friday's Fave. Five" list, and 2) I had such an awesome week! [Even though anxiously waiting for Spring Break made the week draaaag on foreverrr!] Anyways, here are my six:

1. Naked Juice
Naked Juices are made from the best bare-naked fruits and vegetables, and boosted with fiber, proteins, and vitamins. No sugars. No preservatives. No artificial colors. No artificial flavors. It's pure, it's fresh, and a it's good! I love Naked Juice!! I haven't tried them all, but my two favorites are Blue Machine and Mighty Mango. Blue Machine -- "Got the blues? Take a swig of this sweet-happy, fiber-full blueberry-blackberry goodness and enjoy your ride on the happy train." Inside: 27 blueberries, 3 blackberries, 3 1/4 apple, 1 banana. Mighty Mango -- "An amazingly exotic, incredibly yummy multitude of mango." Ingredients: 1 1/4 mangos, 1/2 orange, 1 3/4 apples, 1/3 banana, and a mint of lemon.
Do I really believe that is all inside? Yes.
Do I really believe that is all that's inside? Yes.
And once you try one, you will believe these things too!

2. John 1:14
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
The implications of this verse are immense! No longer was God's Word simple written on a stone or paper, but Jesus was a living message! He was the perfect example, the perfect teacher, and the perfect sacrifice. He was the living image of God's holiness. I have been reading the Gospel of John for a college girls' Bible study, and it has been BLOWING MY MIND in the amazement of God's power and love.

3. Spring Break
My Spring Break starts at 2:15 this afternoon. Woo hoo! I am ready... I am really ready! I have been so exhausted the past two weeks! I have been getting 8-10 hours of sleep most nights, and I still have to fight myself to get out of bed, and I still struggle staying awake in some settings. Academically, I haven't been too busy or stressed, but I have so many other things going on and a one-week vacation will be really nice!

On Monday morning, Mom, Jessie, and I are driving 9 hours to Rochester, New York, where Jessie will be starting grad. school for her MSW this summer. My friends Phalkun and Janell live only three minutes from Jessie's school, so it will be nice to visit them while we are there! Janell and I have a common story -- Janell went to Cambodia on a missions team from IWU, realized her calling there, returned as a short-term missionary, met a Cambodian man, and now they are married and living in New York. So while Jessie and Mom are touring campus, looking for housing, etc., Janell will be teaching me how to cook Khmer! I'm so excited!
Other Spring Break activities include, but are not limited to, the following: Sleeping in, reading for pleasure, getting ahead in homework, working out, spending time with my family, and planning my wedding!

4. Work
I'm grateful for a job - a job that I enjoy - a job that has given me as many hours as I am available to work. Thank you, Jesus!

5. Come to Jesus (by Chris Rice)


6. Sumbleupon.com
Stumbleupon.com is a discovery engine that searches the internet for websites that meet your selected interests. I have chosen: Humor, Christianity, Relationships, Babies, Fitness, Photography, Movies, Travel, Asia, Bizarre/Oddities, Culture/Ethnicity, International Development, Married Life, Scrapbooking, and etc. I have found the coolest websites! Here is my warning: It's addicting!! Check it out.


Log on at Living to Tell the Story and share your own Friday's Fave. Five!

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Glad to see you back at Friday’s Fave Five again! I’ve never heard of Naked Juice, but you make it sound delicious. John 1 is one of my favorite chapters. Jesus became flesh! It’s an incredible message.

Just this past Sunday night we sang “Come to Jesus” with our small group. What a beautiful song.

Enjoy your spring break!

Karen said...

What a lovely, happy, upbeat blog! I LOVE the picture of all the children in the header. Just beautiful.

So glad you've joined FFF again. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Susanne said...

Welcome back! The book of John is amazing, isn't it? It really is so hard with my small understanding to fathom everything he did for us!

That juice sounds really yummy.

Watching that painter is fun. What talent.

Catherine said...

Thank you for your post. what wonderful scripture, and a beautiful video. Stumbleupon can be fun, when I have the time.. you're right! it's addicting! I hope you have a wonderful Spring Break!