Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Waking up in NY

In the words of my sister, "Jewel slept herself all the way to New York." Admittedly, I did. I fell asleep less than ten minutes from our home, and I woke up four hours later for lunch in Ohio. I slept through Pennsylvania, and the cities of Lima, Macedonia, Chile, Athens, and others. I have the gift of sleep, and what a treasure it is!


Mom estimates that I slept 18 hours between the evening, morning, and afternoon. I didn't calculate the hours, but I do know that it equaled a difficult time falling asleep last night. Fortunately, our hotel room was equipped with a widescreen television and the TLC network. I am a Cake Boss junkie! I also watched Josie Dugger's 1st birthday party - Josie is the youngest child on 19 Kids and Counting. I don't have [or watch] TV while I'm at school and I don't miss it when I don't have, but I definitely enjoyed it last night!

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

NEW YORK CITY!?!

What'cha doin' in NYC???

sara said...

I LOVE NYC!!! have a great time!!!

thepearsons said...

i love both of those shows...

i tend to fall asleep in the car (not when i'm driving of course) but if i'm riding i do.. i blame it on my parents bc when they couldn't get me to sleep when i was little they drove me around until i fell asleep... hmmm :)

Jewel said...

We actually didn't make it all the way to NYC. Jessie is going to start grad. school in July at Robert's Wesleyan College in Rochester, NY. She hadn't visited before, so we went to check out the campus and talk to admissions and professors and look for housing, etc.

I also have friends 3 minutes from the RWC campus that we were able to visit while in town. Our first time to NY! (Except driving through to Niagra Falls.)