Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Monday, August 25, 2008

Counting down the hours..

Today is Monday, which means I move to IWU tomorrow.  I've gotten alot of packing done this weekend, but I feel there are still many chores to be accomplished.  Yet the bigger chore will be the actual move-in-process and making my room truly feel like home - something I really really need to survive the first few weeks of the semester.  I'm rooming with Traci Morgan this year.  We have gone to camp together for years, but have only been acquaintances UNTIL NOW.. dun dun dun.  I went in potluck, which means you don't request a roommate you only fill out these personality-based surveys, and the housing people match two compatible roommates.  I think it's going to be really good, but I am still nervous.  I've done this before, but things are different this time.  Anyways, this is a picture of my roommate Traci with her TWIN Staci.  Crazy.. I know!  I'm feeling ok about my classes and I really like my schedule.  I am taking Spanish, New Testament, Advanced Writing, Essentials of Non-Profit Management, and Linguistics/Cross-Cultural Communication.  I start at 8:55 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and finish at 2:10.  On Tuesday and Thursday I have a 9:25 class, and New Testament on Tuesday nights with Charlie Alcock.  I haven't requested my work schedule yet, but I should have primary scheduling - which means, because I worked throughout the summer, I should get the hours I want.  I'm anxious to have my room set up.  I'm debating purchasing a futon, but the only color available in my price-range is BLACK and I'm more of an earth-tones girl.  Look forward to seeing pictures of my room next weekend. =) 

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

It will be REALLY crazy if Jessie is rooming with Staci.

Jewel said...

haha - she isn't. She's rooming with JANEE REED... not relation! Crazy... I know!