Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Zero for Two

(Names changed for the protection of the innocent.. or to avoid mere embarrassment)

We will call this family the R4 family.  The R4 family is a mom, a dad, and 1 set of twin girls, in addition to a grandma.  The R4 family traveled out of town one weekend, and spent Friday night in a hotel.  The father, J1, was laying on the bed watching television while the girls were preparing to go out for the evening.  J1 often complains of indescribable (& occasionally unreasonable) pain in his back and legs.  In his master bed at home, J1 situates himself with 3 pillows and is able to sleep somewhat comfortably.  The R4 family also brought a grandma (we will call her JA1), who was staying in a second hotel room with one of the twins, J4.  There were 2 beds, each with 2 pillows, in 2 rooms, equalling  8 pillows.  JA1, who brought her own therapeutic pillow, willing donated her 2 pillows to the efforts to keep J1 happy and comfortable.  The following conversation took place between J1, J2 (the mother), and J3, after J2 returned to their hotel room with JA1's 2 pillow.

J2: J1 here are two more pillows.
J1: I only need three pillows.
J3: Yes and one plus two equals three.
J1: Well there are two in my bed.
J2 (the wife): You don't want to sleep with your wife?  She needs a pillow.
J1: Oh, I thought she would sleep with J4.
J3: Hello? ...I'm J3.
J1: Darn.. you two look so much alike!


Ouch J1, you're zero for two!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - other than being TOTALLY confused about all the J1,2,3,4's etc - - - this is a reaally cute story. I'm sure which ever J's were involved, none of us will EVA guess who you were. ;-)

Joni said...

Ha-ha....LOVE IT! You have such a way with words. Somehow I felt like I was there....I could picture it all happening. I had zero confusion about the labels, ha-ha.