Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Thanks Dr. Arlo

Well it appears as if I have allergies. I have had allergic reactions t unknown things, but never seasonal allergies. Yesterday we toured Jerry and Melissa’s farm, and I probably encountered some nasty weed or environmental curse there, because yesterday evening I was miserable. My eye(s) are cherry red, swollen, gooey, watering, and painful. I really had a hard time sleeping last night, but made it up this afternoon with an 8-hour nap. We left this morning for Lakin, KS and are now in the home of Mark and Marcelle Hammel. Upon seeing me, Marcelle called their family doctor immediately, and I had an appointment 10 minutes later. Their daughter, Maloree, and I are ironically friends! She was a counselor at Fairmount camp last summer, then we worked security together at Orlando ’07. I saw her at the convention and I was like.. crazy! So anyways, she took me to see Dr. Arlo (who I also met at the conference 2 weeks ago) so I felt very blessed. He prescribed Xyzal allergy pills, $80 eye drops, Benadryl, and Ibuprofen. After sleeping the day away, and applying cold washcloths, the pain has decreased some. Everyone went to church, so I’m resting on the couch. I've slept 9 hours this afternoon. AMAZING! It’s not fun to be this miserable in someone else’s house, states away from my own home, but I am very comfortable here.

Mark and Marcelle Hamel

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

My eyes do this to me too - - - I use Claritin (well, the Walgreens brand of it) and it doesn't make me sleepy but does help the itchy, red, puffy, nasty eye condition.