Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let me tell you why I haven't been blogging...

1)) On Monday morning I returned to work after having taken a full month off (between family camp & Kansas). While I was away our offices experienced a complete make-over. The space not only needed an update, but additional offices for additional faculty and staff. So (not without errors) it's done. After cleaning everything (you would think if it's new it should be clean.. not always the case,) we have begun moving boxes and boxes and boxes and piles into their proper places. Yesterday I opened the cabinets only to find they were empty -- no not the empty shelves you would expect, but there were no shelves. Dear maintenance, we are going to need those back like TODAY! I have also accomplished a great deal of spring cleaning -- and you would not imagine the boxes and boxes and piles of old junk that has accumulated in the supply closets in five years. We also discovered the silly men who built the new offices evidently forgot to install AIR CONDITIONING in one room. I mean.. that's a big deal!

2)) Our family is preparing for a rummage sale Friday and Saturday morning.  So many things.. so little desire to keep them.  We have clothes and furniture and books and movies and lamps and a computer and an electric piano and baskets and candles and gizmos and gadgets and oodles of things.  Jessie and Mom have put hours into cleaning and pricing and organizing and there is still great work to be done.  Jessie doesn't think it's fair that she has put so many hours into the rummage, and we are splitting a great portion of the profits.  I have an equally strong argument against taxes.  Nonetheless... it happens.  All the money from the rummage will be used to support our mission trips next summer.  Wish us luck at 7am on Friday and Saturday!

3)) I will be moving onto campus next Tuesday afternoon, the 26th and I actually have not yet unpacked from IWU since April 25th.  You might think it would make it easier -- just move it all back!  OOOOH if only it were that easy.  It needs to be gone through and sorted, because many things will be replaced or simply will not be returning.  I need to make a list.  Wow.

4)) My cousin got married last Saturday evening in Ohio.  We left Friday morning for some extra family time, in addition to the rehearsal dinner and helping to prepare food for a family brunch Saturday morning/afternoon.  It really is deserving of a full blog, but I simply don't have the time.  Quick summary: Grandmom spent many hours sewing her dress from scratch and finished it only hours before the wedding.  David and Amber's cake-topper was a pair of Link and Zelda action figures.

5)) After returning home at 12:30AM on Sunday, my mother and I had to prepare for a 12:30PM Reed-family reunion at our house Sunday afternoon.  After making two cakes, and preparing a multitude of other things.. it was a good time.  Everyone took turns holding my niece - but she loved me the most. =)  I love that little girl!

No comments: