Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Sunday, August 10, 2008

No matter how it is said.. this is it - the end of the road.

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky, I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home
"Home" by Michael Buble

I've seen enough to say that I know
that this old world is not my home...
I am ready to go home
I'm packing my bags and I'm hitting the road
I'm packing my bags and I'm hitting the road
Yes, I'm gonna run, I'm gonna run for my home
To stand in the sight of the Living God
That's where I'm longing to be
"Home" by Shawn McDonald

Well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
"Home" by Chris Daughtry


No matter how it is said.. this is it - the end of the road.  It's been a good trip, a great experience.  I have met so many wonderful people (Mark & Marcelle, the Rothfusses, Frank & Marvia, Jerry & Michelle, Dr. Arlo, Wayne & Juanita, Ron & Bev, Pastor Dave, Sheralyn, Aunt Sherry, Melanie, Dale & Norma, Terry & his wife, Nick & Stephanie, George's parents, Pastor Bob, Rick Hawthorne, the Conley's...)  I have been challenged, and stretched out of my comfort zone.  I have traveled.  I have been exhausted.  I have learned alot about myself.  I have entered many new sanctuaries of worship.  I have served.  I have seen a new side of missions - the home side, the support side, the life of furlough.  I have loved aspects, and not enjoyed others.  I have ridden in more mini-vans than I could count.  Though I am sad to leave, I am ready to be home, in my bed, my bathroom, my kitchen, my closet, my family.

To sum up the last few days..
After leaving Lakin (muy flat!) we traveled almost 4 hours to Philipsburg.  Angela (Dr. Arlo's wife) drove us halfway, and Geovanni really loves hospitable people and he took advantage of her generosity in the van and kept 3 spanish worship cds, and every piece of food he could find.  Pastor Rick then met us, and took us to his home.  Rick and Sheralyn have 4 children - Rachel (16), Abbey (14), Ben (13) and John (10).  The kids kept us very well entertained, and one afternoon I woke up from a short nap on the couch in a pile of barbies and barbie horses.  Rick pastors a very very small church, but the people I met were some of my favorites.  Friday was Geovanni's birthday, and we had an amazing meal at Ron and Bev's, then spent the evening on their 4-wheelers.  I hadn't been on a 4-wheeler since probably 4th or 5th grade, so it was alot of fun.  I honestly was worried for my life when I was riding with Abby, and strangely calm riding with John, who kept it below 16mph.  Yesterday afternoon after going to Pizza Hut and touring their local "Wal-Mart" (more like little Big Lots), Wayne & Juanita, and Ron & Bev drove us to Concordia, where we met Dwane & Rita and 2 others at Trappers restaurant.  When we walked in I thought the only options on the menu would be deer, duck, raccoon, varmin.. but it was very nice!  We stayed the night in a hotel so we could be close to the church, and arrive for the 8am service.  Tonight we are staying in another basement.. and the Ecuador-travelers of the Concordia area are coming for a cook-out at 6. 


PS: I have never seen a sunflower field before.. until I came to Kansas.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Hope you have a safe trip home.

I saw a sun flower field last summer in WI, it was also my first. QUITE an amazing sight, I thought.