Please click the pictures to visit my other blogs:
Jewel in Cambodia Scarves for Cambodia Journals for the Journey

Saturday, August 14, 2010

He had a plan.

I'm not supposed to be here, I'm supposed to be in Cambodia. I had my trip planned and paid for, and then was told by the organization that I would no longer be going. I was disappointed, and I was frustrated. I didn't understand and I didn't think GP's reasoning was sufficient for canceling my trip. I know that Cambodia and my future and my ministry there are in God's will because I feel peace in my heart and He has repeatedly confirmed it to me, so I couldn't understand WHY God would allow this decision to be made.

God doesn't always make a lot of sense in our human minds. He asked Noah to build a big boat in the desert where it never rained. It didn't make any sense that the Israelites walked around Jericho for seven days singing "Kum Bah Yah" while everyone laughed at them. It didn't make any sense for Moses to charge toward the Red Sea with Pharaoh's attacking army bearing down on them. It didn't make sense to leave Ur for Canaan when you're already a pretty wealthy guy like Abram was. It didn't make any sense to be willing to sacrifice Isaac before he could grow up and have kids himself so that Abraham could be the father of many nations, with descendants as diverse as the stars.

However, it is only now [this month; five months after dealing with doubts and frustrations] that I realize God's plan. My perspective was limited, but praise God - He saw into the future! He knew that four weeks ago Grandmom would be hospitalized and remain there indefinitely. He knew that Jessie would have Mono and be incapacitated. He knew that Mom would be living with Grandmom in the hospital, and also that she would require surgery during this time.


Jessie, Grandmom, and me - '92 or '93
Yes, I did cut my own bangs! Thank you. :)


He knew that I would be needed at home. He knew there were things that I needed to learn and that I would be taught them under these circumstances. He knew and I praise Him for that.


But soon, I'll be in Cambodia again!

All my favorite people in one photo!

Pastor Greg, Esher, Ate Resie, Aleeyah, Pastor Vandy, Tess, and Titus

1 comment:

Loren said...

this is so inspiring. i cant wait to have you back in my life. oh how i have missed you. and that is a pretty good picture of all those amazing people in cambodia...miss them a lot. you too.

ok i love you. i will see you soon (i move back wed AH)